Sunday, October 4, 2015

Discovering the library

This past week the weather has become chilly.  I was looking for something to do to pass some time outside of the house.  On a whim I decided to hit the local library.  Turned out the be a great idea.  They had a cute little play area with toys, puzzles, a little computer and of course books.




We also checked out some books since all the books we have at home had been read at least 50 times each.  We ended up hitting two other libraries before the week was up. 

In the past we have done story time at the library which is also great and we will do again. 
 
 
We checked out four books this week.  All were a success.  He enjoyed them all and we have read them several times already.  "That's not my lion...." is a touch and feel book which he really likes. 
 
Books shown:
Kiss, Kiss Good Night (Upper Left)
Curious George Neighborhood Friends (Upper Right)
Spot Says Please (Lower Left)
That's not my lion....(Lower Right)
 
Overall his favorite was definitely Kiss, Kiss Good Night.  In fact I put it on his Christmas list.  He really enjoyed this one.
 
I wanted to note on the Curious George book.  It has flaps that can be pulled to reveal a word.  While he loved this he ended up accidently ripping the book and costing me $8!  I am now the proud of owner of a Curious George book that wasn't in good shape to start with.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...